Paleo Friendly Quiche Recipe
Looking for a gluten free and lactose free quiche recipe? Check out this simple and delicious paleo friendly quiche recipe that features a gluten-free sweet potato crust, and a high protein filling that is packed with taste while providing quality nutrition. This paleo friendly recipe is great for breakfast, brunch, or for prepping bulk when quiche is your meal of choice for the day. Try this recipe as-is or add your own twist of ingredients to personalize to your liking!
Ingredients- Pie Crust:
- 8oz. Trader Joes Roasted Mashed Sweet Potatoes (frozen)
- 2 Whole Large Eggs
- 2/3 cup Trader Joe’s Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Nutritional Yeast
Ingredients- Quiche Filling*:
- 8 Whole Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Cooked Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Baby Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Chopped Spinach (or greens or your choice)
- *Additional ingredients can be included, this featured recipe is lactose free, hence the lack of dairy included, however if this is not a concern for your dietary needs, you can add the cheese of your choice.
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Take frozen sweet potatoes and microwave for 2 minutes. Measure out 8oz and add to a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat 2 large eggs and add to the sweet potatoes. Add baking soda and yeast, mix well.
- Slowly fold in the coconut flour a few tablespoons at a time to ensure it is thoroughly worked into the batter using a cake icing spatula. Once batter forms a dough-like ball, place in the freezer for 5-7 minutes and allow the batter to set.
- Take a non-stick 9″ pie dish and lightly coat with olive oil or coconut oil spray.
- Using a “cake icing” style spatula, spread batter across the bottom of the dish and onto the sides.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once pie crust is complete, remove from oven and turn heat down to 350F.
- Beat eggs in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add pre-cooked ground beef (or meat of your choice), mushrooms, and spinach to eggs. Gently fold together.
- Pour contents into pie crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from over, allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving and enjoy! Makes 8 Servings :)
Nutrition Facts :
Serving Size: 1/8th of a 9″ round “pie”
Calories (kCal): 190
Dietary Fiber: 5g
Net Carbs: 9g
Leave a Comment