Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast
Clean eating doesn’t mean you are sentenced to a life of dry, bland, foods. When choosing to make better nutrition choices, a lot of people struggle with how to make foods like chicken taste good without compromising nutrition. The answer is moderation and improved meal prep methods. Boneless, skinless chicken breast is a staple “healthy food” choice however due to its lack of fat, it is easy for the meal to become very dry. Check out this simple bacon wrapped chicken breast recipe that is packed with flavor leaving the chicken tasting moist, juicy, and full of flavor.
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (4oz. each)
- 4 Slices Thin Bacon
- 2 TBSP Thyme
- Dash Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Trader Joe’s organic coconut sugar (can use brown sugar as well)
- Olive Oil Spray
- Pre-heat oven to 250F
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and lightly coat with olive oil spray
- Lay 4 slices of bacon on the tray
- Take 2 x 4ox chicken breast portions and roll 2 slices of bacon around each slice.
- Sprinkle thyme and black pepper on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 250F, pull up the sides of the foil so the chicken breast is covered on top
- Remove from over with an oven mitt and sprinkle organic coconut sugar or brown sugar on top.
- Set oven to broil and move baking rack towards the bottom of the oven. Broil for 8-10 minutes without foil covering the chicken, watch closely to ensure the bacon does not burn, yet gets crispy.
- Makes 2 servings, enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 4oz Wrapped Chicken Breast
Calories (kCal): 215
Fat (g): 7
Carbs (g): 4
Protein (g): 32
Leave a Comment